Seefold provide a comprehensive range of Renovation, Repair, Maintenance and Certified Heating, Plumbing and Electrical services to landlords and property management companies.
Landlord Gas Check, Electrical Appliance Inspections
- Are your rental properties safe and legal?
- As a landlord hopefully you are aware that each gas and electrical appliance and installation in UK rented accommodation should be checked and certified safe. In the unfortunate event of an accident you must be able to prove that all appliances have had an inspection and been classified as safe.
- The only way you can be absolutely sure gas and electrical appliances are safe is to subject each appliance to gas and electrical safety checks in order to get them certificated with both an electrical and gas safety certificate (CP12) issued by a trained and qualified inspector.
Important Safety Points
- Not only can you be fined for not having proved that each appliance is safe, you can also be fined for causing carbon monoxide poisoning in an event of a defective gas appliance.
- Landlords cannot ignore their liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence.
- Gas installations can leak deadly carbon monoxide (CO), which is undetectable: you can’t see carbon monoxide, smell carbon monoxide or even taste carbon monoxide but carbon monoxide could injure you or even kill you if you breathe it in.
- Landlords must have annual inspections for gas installations and appliances in rented accommodation, checked and certified safe. Penalties for infringement can be severe – with fines of up to £5,000, six months’ (or more) imprisonment, or both! Plus the Housing Act (the HHSRS) requires that electrical appliances and installations are checked and tested in accordance with the safety regulations.
Seefold provide the following services to landlords and property management companies:
Gas Inspection Checks
Inspection and test of the gas installation and up to three gas appliances, (i.e. gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fires). This checking process also identifies any gas leaks or poisonous carbon monoxide.
Gas Boiler Service
Neglected or non maintained gas boilers can be a principal source of leaks and carbon monoxide. Regular servicing improves gas safety and not only protects your tenants; it extends life of the boiler and ensures more economic operation.
A visual and functional inspection of the electrical installation and the testing of up to six landlord-supplied domestic appliances, plus a polarity and earth loop test to 10% of the electrical sockets within the property.
If you would like any information about our Gas & Electrical service to landlords and Property Management Companies please call 01733 204666 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org