Domestic air conditioning in your car so why not in your house.
We now have air conditioning in the car, and possibly you’ve got air conditioning in your office. So why does your home have to be so uncomfortably hot in the summer? Well with modern domestic air conditioning systems it doesn’t!
In the UK, many areas in the home often get uncomfortably hot.
Areas within a typical house which may have a need for cooling include:
- Conservatories – often unusable on sunny days because of high solar gains
- Bedrooms – When we do have some hot summer muggy weather what price a decent night’s sleep?
- Kitchens – cooking, especially when cooking with an Aga or Range which can make these unbearable
The domestic air conditioning solution
In the past air conditioning has been considered both too expensive and too obtrusive for use in the domestic environment. Significant developments have been made and now the latest air conditioning systems are much smaller with an attractive modern appearance; and importantly cost a lot less.
For domestic clients either split systems or self contained systems are recommended.
These comprise of:
- Outdoor unit – located somewhere outside
- Indoor unit – located in the room to be cooled
- Interconnecting small bore refrigerant pipe work
- In bedrooms and kitchens where low level wall space is limited, the choice of equipment will normally be a high level wall mounted system.
- In conservatories and lounges where low level equipment is preferable a low level wall mounted system can be used.
Dependant on the size of area to be treated and their location, multiple outdoor units or a single multi split outdoor unit may be installed
Whatever your type of house a split system can usually be incorporated with the minimum of disruption.
Self contained systems- (ideal for use in your Conservatory)
These are a self contained system – they have no outdoor unit. Usually mounted at low level they discharge air via two small porthole grilles at the rear and can be operated from a standard 13 amp plug. Available in both heating and cooling these systems must be mounted against an outside wall and are perfect for use in a conservatory.
If you are considering air conditioning for your domestic application then call 01733 204666 and we will discuss your requirements. In many situations we will carry out a FREE on site audit.
Direct supply of heating and air conditioning products
Through arrangement with the manufacturers, we are pleased to offer a range of selected air conditioning and heating products direct to customers.
Mobile Air Conditioners
Contact Seefold for mobile air conditioning machines for use in your offices or factory. Remember that demand is always especially high during the summer months, so be sure to let us know your requirements as early as possible.
If you are interested in purchasing units contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01733 204666 and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and provide a quotation.